Monday, August 13, 2007

Unsettled Diouf in talks over Bolton future

El-Hadji Diouf is set for talks with manager Sammy Lee after warning he may have to leave Bolton if he is not given a regular first-team place.


The 26-year-old striker was a substitute for the Trotters' opening game of the Premier League season on Saturday, coming on in the second half as they went down to a 3-1 defeat by Newcastle.


Now the Senegal forward wants Lee to outline what the future holds for Diouf at the Reebok.

He said: 'I just want to get everything clear in my head.

'I want to talk with the chairman and the manager because I want everything to be clear.

'If the manager tells me he has confidence in me, I do well. If I don't see that, I don't think I can stay.

'Right now as I talk, this is my crowd and this is my club.

'I don't know tomorrow, it is another day. Maybe tomorrow I go.

'Of course I was disappointed not to be on at the start. I am a footballer and I want to play every game.

'This is my crowd and everybody loves me here - that is why I want to play against Newcastle and every time there is a game.

'They decided I wasn't playing, though, and that was it.

'I respect the boss and his decision and I am here for the time.'

soccernet